From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Dropping ia64-linux - anyone care?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:51:17
1 On 16-11-2011 16:07:26 +0100, Askar Bektassov (Аскар Бектасов) wrote:
2 > Jeremy,
3 >
4 > Is there any possibility to see the usage statistics of the downloaded
5 > files?
6
7 Basically no. Even if you can see how many times a file is downloaded
8 from a mirror, you cannot tell whether that user is a Prefix and/or ia64
9 user at all.
10
11 > Maybe, this can turn out to be one of possible ways to see the actual demand
12 > for ia64-linux. Just to have a quantitative evidence of what we are dropping
13 > (qualitative is already there, "we don't use it and we don't test it").
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level