From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] emerge -e system failure on OS X...
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:28:16
1 To clarify:
2
3 This won't work for Mactel users. Since I have no x86 machine myself,
4 I'll try if I can make the disk image an universal thing.
7 On 29-04-2007 22:25:24 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
8 > Ok, this is for everybody trying to bootstrap on OSX Tiger/PPC:
9 >
10 > In the past two days I did a bootstrap according to the webpage on a
11 > mounted diskimage. I had no problems whatsoever, apart from that a
12 > prefix with spaces in it won't work.
13 >
14 > So, according to me, the bootstrap document is correct. I'm looking for
15 > ways to make to make this diskimage available right now to aid new users
16 > in quickly setting up their own system using the disk image.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level
23 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list