From: X dej <dreplaceelettereejbyeletterea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] how to move gentoo prefix to another place without fresh installation?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 18:27:58
1 If the string "Developer/Gentoo" had the same length than your string
2 "Gentoo", then a binary substitution in an archive of your installed
3 Gentoo Prefix would only break.
4
5 If the string "Developer/Gentoo" had been shorter than your string
6 "Gentoo", you could have spared compilation of some packages using
7 quickpkg: emerge will call function chpath_inplace (of
8 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/bin/chpathtool.py) will make the substitution
9 off-line [igli I talked you about that, now you get the function
10 name].
11
12 But as it is longer, there is nothing that can be done short of using
13 a symlink with shorter path and relying on suggestions I made above.
14
15 X dej
16