From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [AIX] emerge fails on wheelgid
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:30:16
1 On 19-07-2007 16:05:51 -0500, Marshall McMullen wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I've got the latest, and I bootstrapped the latest portage tree, as
4 > well as portage itself. Now when trying to emerge, I get this error:
5 >
6 > $ emerge --oneshot sed
7 >
8 > portage: mdmcmull user or group missing.i
9 > In Prefix Portage this is quite dramatic
10 > since it means you have thrown away yourself.
11 > Re-add yourself, or rebootstrap Gentoo Prefix.
12
13 Interesting!
14
15 What fails here is one of these two:
16 portage_uid=pwd.getpwnam(portageuser)[2]
17 portage_gid=grp.getgrnam(portagegroup)[2]
18
19 In the current version, only the value of "portageuser" is printed, but
20 the problem may be in "portagegroup" as well.
21
22 Can you look into your
23 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/const_autotool.py file and check if
24 portageuser and portagegroup match the output of `id`?
25
26 > I have two different AIX systems here. On one of them, this works as it
27 > should, but on this newest one it fails as indicated above. The difference,
28 > is on the first, I have a local account on the machine. On the second I do
29 > not have a local account, but instead it uses a distributed auth system
30 > called gsa. I'm certain this is what is causing the error, but I don't know
31 > how to debug this. Any advice ?
32
33 I bet this is related. Unless IBM really wants not to be compatible
34 with any program doing user/group queries, I cannot imagine that gsa
35 doesn't work through getent and friends.
39 Fabian Groffen
40 Gentoo on a different level
43 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list