From: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] revdep-rebuild and install_name
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:14:11
1 Dear all;
2
3 It would seem revdep-rebuild broke on macos after the upgrade to
4 gentoolkit-0.2.4. Attached patch addresses this, I believe. With
5 this patch applied, revdep-rebuild suddenly wanted to re-emerge some
6 unexpected stuff. Turns out that those were all cases where
7 libraries were linked with a funny -install_name, or, in the case of
8 ncurses, the libraries were moved from were src_compile() intended
9 them to be.
10
11 So if this is real, and something to worry about (wrongly set install
12 names don't seem to break anything in prefix, as long as the linker
13 can still find what it's looking for) I have small patches for
14 ghostscript-esp-8.15.4, jbigkit-1.6-r1, libperl-5.8.8-r1, ncurses-5.5-
15 r03.1 and readline-5.2_p4 as well.
16
17 // Cheers; Johan

gentoolkit-0.2.4_pre5-revdep-prefix-darwin.patch application/octet-stream