From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Cc: robert.x.david@××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Prefix on Solaris 11.
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 09:02:58
1 Hi David!
2
3 On 26-10-2012 14:17:23 +0200, Robert David wrote:
4 > I just tested the bootstrap-prefix on Solaris 11 and Solaris 11.1 that is
5 > releasing sometimes now.
6
7 Thanks!
8
9 > So far so good, does seems to work on x86. On sparc there is problem with gcc,
10 > seems like gcc-4.2 does not build, 4.1 also and >=4.4 does miss uptodate
11 > omp.h. Because on solaris 11 is gcc 4.5 I will check if it has some patches or
12 > anything else.
13
14 This is known (>4.2), hence the first bootstrap bit with 4.2 (or 4.1).
15
16 > I'm attaching small patch for bootstrap-prefix.sh, to cover Oracle Solaris 11
17 > and 11.1.
18
19 Thanks, I applied this, minus the perl patch from below
20
21 > In the patch I also mask perl >=5.4 because 5.6 does not build and I dont
22 > think it is solaris problem.
23
24 I haven't had a problem with 5.16 (yet). Could you file a bug for its
25 failure? I'd like to see if we can just fix the issue.
26
27 > From the other side, is there any plan for stabilization on prefix? Mean the
28 > non PC architectures. Maybe I can help with this on solaris(x86/sparc,32/64).
29
30 Stabilisation would require a major investment, and at this point in
31 time, we're (basically me alone) understaffed. If you need a stable
32 tree, you better not sync directly, but maintain your own tree where you
33 can update packages as you know they work.
34
35 But you can certainly help with maintaining the solaris keywords if you
36 like! Testing, patching, etc. is al very valuable!
37
38 Best and thanks again,
39 Fabian
43 Fabian Groffen