From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] RAP bootstrap: call for test
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:02:45
1 On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 22:36:30 +0900
2 Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > We have updated the RAP bootstrap page on,
7 >
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc
9 >
10 > Please help test it out and add an entry to "Tested Distributions"
11 > Section[a]. We intend to support all the GNU/Linux distributions.
14 > RAP stands for "Rap Ain't Prefix", and is also known as Prefix/libc or
15 > prefix-standalone. It adds a libc to classic Prefix[b], so that:
16 >
17 > 1. we are no longer limited by ancient glibc;
18 >
19 > 2. we are directly using the main Gentoo repo;
20 >
21 > 3. RAP is more isolated from host, making itself more robust;
22 > 3.1 RAP can run on Debian multiarch hosts.
23 >
24 > 4. we are compatible with multilib;
27 > After about two weeks' public test, we are going to finalize RAP and
28 > start official support.
31 > My special thanks to Luca Barbato and Ruud Koolen for their support, and
32 > to xdej and scateu for early tests.
33 >
34 > Enjoy!
35 > Benda
38 > If you have a classic Prefix, it is easier to bootstrap RAP from
39 > scratch, because older versions of glibc do not understand symbols of
40 > newer versions.
41 >
42 > If you have a running RAP, it is also easier to bootstrap RAP from
43 > scratch, because we have implimented a new layout of profiles and the
44 > toolchains are slightly different (need manual tweaks).
45 >
46 > a. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc#Tested_Distributions
47 > b. http://prefix.gentoo.org
50 Hi Benda,
51
52 The new bootstrap-rap.sh fails here on debian 7.8 (amd64)
53
54 gconv_db.c: Assembler messages:
55 gconv_db.c:759: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
56 gconv_db.c:762: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
57 gconv_db.c:765: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
58 gconv_db.c:768: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
59 gconv_db.c:799: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
60 gconv_db.c:802: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
61 gconv_db.c:772: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
62 gconv_db.c:775: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
63
64 the same as noted for debian 7.10 (amd64)
65
66 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc#glibc_in_stage3_cannot_be_compiled
67
68 Now I do have a functioning prefix on this debian box with gcc-4.9.3 installed.
69 But I have to jump through hoops to install it. I suspect that something
70 on the host is interfering with things.
71
72 Steve