From: Duft Markus <Markus.Duft@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] The lost case of OpenBSD
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:01:58
1 Fabian Groffen <mailto:grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 19-03-2008 11:42:21 +0100, Duft Markus wrote:
3 >> Duft Markus <mailto:Markus.Duft@×××××××.at> wrote:
4 >>> Fabian Groffen <mailto:grobian@g.o> wrote: <snip>
5 >>>
6 >>> The rest can be done as described in the prefix-launcher bootstrap
7 >>> WIKI [2]. Hope this works, i'm just about to bootstrap a new prefix
8 >>> again too, but have problems with the SHA256 hashes, since
9 >>> prefix-launcher uses python 2.4 (argl...). The currently only
10 >>> solution i have is deleting any manifest that produces hash
11 >>> failures.
12 >>
13 >> Arg, forgot something: at the stage mirrorconfig (when
14 >> eprefix-launcher stops for the first time) you will want to svn up
15 >> the prefix tree. I know at that time there is no svn client
16 >> compiled, but you can use tortoise svn for windows for example.
17 >
18 > I selected NFS support in the SFU installer, so I hope that it also
19 > reasonably works, such that I can work over NFS with my dev-tree.
20
21 Wow, i never tried NFS with interix, but i think it should work (they
22 dropped support for it inlater version though i think :)).
25 > (But this idea may be a bit too much to ask for Windows...)
26
27 Maybe, yes :)
28
29 I just had another problem. Prefix-launcher uses "-strict digest", which
30 means that it creates manifests with the 2.4 python, which again are
31 b0rked then, so i again had to delete all Manifest files from the prefix
32 tree after the final python 2.5 was used... What a mess. Could it be,
33 that portage isn't listening to -strict anymore for Manifest
34 verification?
35
36 Cheers, Markus
40 > --