From: Sam Pfeiffer <sammypfeiffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: simple question about installing chromium browser for use in debian OS using gentoo prefix..
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 01:37:15
1 In my experience graphics stuff can work on Prefix. At least without
2 drivers on the way... I've used the 3D graphics visualizer Rviz from my
3 prefix.
4
5 On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 03:53 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o wrote:
6
7 > On 25-06-2019 17:37:16 +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
8 > > MAny thanks again.
9 > >
10 > > node js 9999999 has compiled and now chromium is slowly compiling.
11 > >
12 > > I should have turned on the jumbo-build flag..........
13 > >
14 > > I have a conventional gentoo install on this machine alongside
15 > debian/gentoo
16 > > prefix.
17 > >
18 > > If I would take e.g. the video card settings etc from the make.conf from
19 > the
20 > > ordinary gentoo install and put them in
21 > >
22 > > the gentoo prefix make.conf would that help me configure xorg-server to
23 > work
24 > > properly when I come to emerge it?
25 >
26 > You can try this, I don't know how much will work (videocards and stuff
27 > sounds like things which won't work unprivileged).
28 >
29 > > Suggestions on the way forward here are welcome.
30 >
31 > Try it, see where you hit problems.
32 >
33 > Fabian
34 > >
35 > > Regards
36 > >
37 > > MF
40 > > read_char: errno==EILSEQ; invalid byte sequence for UTF-8:
41 > --
42 > Fabian Groffen
43 > Gentoo on a different level