From: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] xvid on x86-macos?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 04:49:31
On 03/02/09 13:31, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 28-02-2009 11:39:55 -0600, Johan Hattne wrote: >> On 28 Feb 2009, at 03:32, Fabian Groffen wrote: >>> On 28-02-2009 00:34:58 -0600, Johan Hattne wrote: >>>> Am I the only one who cannot compile xvid on x86-macos? Maybe >>>> upstream has fixed it already (I haven't checked), but I need a patch >>>> sort of like the attached to make any progress. >>> Looks like a good patch, Darwin and BSDs can get the number of cpus >>> from >>> sysctl. Have you tried pushing it upstream yet? >> No, but I'll look into it. It's got to be fixed by now though, as it >> really is a showstopper--and not difficult to fix. > > Couldn't find anything, so I applied your patch. Please give me a > reference to your submission so I can store and track it in the patch.
I couldn't find anything bugzilla-like on their website, so I posted it to their dev mailing list. As I'm not subscribed (and there is a delay in archiving) I don't know if it actually made it to the list, what the response is, or if it was blocked. Anyway, thanks for applying it to the tree! ... (and I'll look into the blas-business soonishly as I just might get a hand on a ppc-macos box where hopefully I'll be able to reproduce your problems). // Cheers; Johan