From: "René Berber" <r.berber@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Any procedure to test a quick patch to a package?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:07:58
On 12/12/2012 1:45 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:

 > so, what you basically want is
 > 1) a patch to the python-2.7.3 ebuild for cygwin
 > 2) a new tar of that
 >
 > (see the ebuild for comments about what to comment out, it's really as
 > simple as running ebuild ... prepare and tarring the result up)
 >
 > right?

No.

 > If so, let's start with the patch that you need.

I thought the log bits made it obvious, the bootstrap-prefix.sh just
started, its not using an ebuild, it just downloaded zlib, and built it,
then downloaded python-2.7.2-patched, and while building it the (trivial
to fix) error stops everything.

I just want to know if there is a procedure to not start from the
beginning.  The "patch" I want to do is to python-2.7.2-patched,
specifically Python-2.7.2/Modules/_io/_iomodule.c:172 which shouldn't
re-declare anything.
--
René Berber