From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Crossdev in a prefix / bug 384167
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:28:05
1 On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > gmt,
4 >
5 > On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 03:17:44AM -0700, gmt@×××××.us wrote:
6 > > I have crossdev starting to work in a prefix, via an overlay.
7 [snip]
8 > I'd be particularly interested on building arm and powerpc toolchains on
9 > OSX.
10
11 Most likely these will require additional patching to sys-libs/uclibc
12 or whatever ELIBC corresponds to your particular targets/ARCH's of
13 interest. Indeed, a quick test of crossdev
14 =cross-arm-linux-uclibc/uclibc-0.9.33.2-r4 confirms this ("Aborting
15 due to QA concerns: there are files installed outside the prefix").
16
17 You sound like you have some real-world uses for this, Jason --
18 perhaps, once I have an overlay set up, you could do some
19 guinea-pigging for me? Can you share some particulars of your
20 use-case (bearing in mind that I haven't played with embedded for
21 quite a while and might not know some things that seem quite obvious
22 to someone who, i.e., owns a raspberry pi or an android phone)?
23
24 -gmt
27 *To my surprise, I can't find anything in my prefix's elibc.desc or
28 even in ls -ld "${PORTDIR}"/*/*libc* that looks like it could be an
29 eglibc... Can it really be that all eglibc stuff has languished in
30 overlays, without ever making it into gx86 (or was treecleaned, etc.)?