From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Stating officially with Cygwin
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:50:21
1 > How to go forward:
2 > - I suggest that you maintain your own overlay on an external site. We can
3 > add your overlay to layman's configuration. This will allow you to work
4 > independantly of us and will allow your platform to mature before devs
5 > accept it. I think this is the best compromise for all parties involved. If
6 > you don't need any patches then you don't need an overlay and can simply add
7 > another keywrod to your ACCEPT_KEYWORDS variable.
8 >
9 > -Jeremy
10
11 Hello Jeremy,
12
13 there is nothing wrong in this for me. The only thing I am afraid of
14 is, to be accused to provide a fork of Prefix, if I start hosting
15 things on extern servers. That is not my intend.
16
17 I also hope that more people join in, once things become usefull for
18 them. Most people don't become interested in a matter for mere
19 exercise or their brain. That requires, that I need to host some kind
20 of usefull products based on Prefix.
21
22 The other thing is, that I want to get some fixes into portage/eselect
23 sources. The typical problem is, that things break, where a path
24 evaluates to start with a double slash. While on Linux that doesn't
25 makes a difference on Cygwin it does.
26
27 Al