From: Aaron Wilson <tallest@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] What's needed for Leopard support?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:51:04
1 I've read the warning on the "Bootstram Process" page:
2 > Bootstrapping on OS X 10.5 Leopard unfortunately is NOT working at
3 > the moment. Please bear with us while we wait for Apple to finally
4 > release their sources.
5
6 I've noticed that the Darwin 9.0 sources are up ( http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5/
7 , what most interests me is the new gcc_42-5331 package) and I was
8 wondering what is needed to get Leopard bootstrapped and how I can help.
9
10 I've also read the PS from Elias Pipping's email titled "Re: [gentoo-
11 alt] Prefix: Python fails to bootstrap on OS X 10.5 Leopard" :
12 > PS: For everybody interested in helping: this is the status:
13 > * odcctools don't work (and therefore gcc's ebuild doesn't work,
14 > haven't looked into this). i'm using /usr/bin/ld and /usr/bin/gcc as
15 > a workaround but that's far from optimal. as a result, LDFLAGS and
16 > CPPFLAGS need to be set in the make.conf. (to the usual -L / -I )
17 What is the difference between odcctools and Apple's cctools? Will the
18 new cctools-667.3 resolve this?
19 > * gnupg 2 doesn't work. use gnupg 1 instead.
20 > * darwin-miscutils don't work (no big deal, we have those non-
21 > prefixed, more recent even)
22 > * ghc doesn't work (damn!)
23 > * apr doesn't work (and therefore subversion... no big deal, though:
24 > we have /usr/bin/svn on leopard)
25 What does "doesn't work" mean? Is there a place where these topics are
26 discussed in further detail?
27
28 Thanks,
29 Aaron