From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] how to compile firefox on Mac Os X 10.8
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:05:09
1 On 30-08-2012 12:20:14 +0400, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
2 > 30.08.2012, 01:55, "junqihu" <junqihu@××.com>:
3 > > Hi, all!
4 > >
5 > > I'm a newbie on using Mac OS X and gentoo prefix. Hence, I have many problems arised in using them to resolve. One of them  is how to compile firefox by gentoo prefix, although I know  that there is a package named firefox for mac on mozilla's project page.
6 >
7 > Are you sure you need to build firefox? There are official binaries for your system [1].
8
9 I completely concur with Konstantin here. It is very ambitious to try
10 and emerge firefox on your Mac, for numerous reasons. The end result
11 will most likely not be what you expect (no native aqua interface),
12 unless you are willing to do major changes in the ebuild and eclass
13 machinery.
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level