From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Patch breaks
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 03:39:01
1 Still struggling with Cygwin. One of the steps I still can't take is patch.
2
3 If I use the build-in patch from Cygwin emerge works fine. When I
4 emerge gentoo patch 2.6.1 the following emerges break while applying
5 patches.
6
7 I have some doubts, if anybody can help me here, but the build log is
8 a good example of recurring warnings in the different steps.
9
10 1.) The final warning of patch build:
11
12 * QA Notice: Package has poor programming practices which may compile
13 * fine but exhibit random runtime failures.
14 * src/pch.c:116: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setmode’
15
16 2.) Short before end:
17
18 /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild-helpers/prepstrip: line
19 98: scanelf: command not found
20 /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild-helpers/prepstrip: line
21 186: scanelf: command not found
22
23 This prepstrip warning is one the is recurrent in different builds.
24 What does it mean? Can I ignore it?
25
26 3.) Somewhere above:
27
28 gcc: unrecognized option '-R/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib'
29 gcc: unrecognized option '-R/home/prefix/gentoo/lib'
30
31 That is the other recurring warning. What`s wrong? Something to ignore?
32
33 Al