From: Phil Tooley <phil.tooley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix-overlay-20140202.tar.bz2 unexpected EOF
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 11:35:53
1 Hello all,
2
3 Attempting to use the latest bootstrap script from
4 http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/hg/prefix-tree/raw-file/default/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh
5 i get the following error when beginning stage2:
6
7 ----SNIP----
8 * Unpacking, this may take a while
9
10 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
11 perhaps it is corrupted? *Possible* reason follows.
12 bzip2: Success
13 Input file =
14 /home/telemin/gentoo/usr/portage/distfiles/prefix-overlay-20140202.tar.bz2,
15 output file = (stdout)
16
17 It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
18 You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.
19
20 You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
21 data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.
22
23 tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
24 tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
25 tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
26
27 Odd! Running
28 /bin/bash ./bootstrap-prefix.sh "/home/telemin/gentoo" stage2
29 failed! :( I have no clue, really. Please find friendly folks in
30 #gentoo-prefix on irc.gentoo.org, gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list, or
31 file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org under Gentoo/Alt, Prefix Support.
32 I am defeated. I am of no use here any more.
33 ----SNIP----
36 A can reproduce this on different machines.
37
38 Any insights?
39
40 Cheers