From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] can't emerge app-arch/rpm
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:38:57
1 On 13-06-2008 15:35:25 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > Sorry Jeremy, I realise that it's part of a patch that failed. What I
3 > failed to understand is why Fabian decided to cut & paste the import
4 > process and show that something failed patching did an edit on it and
5 > then further went on to commit it.
6 >
7 > It'd be much easier to understand if Fabian just said "o.k. done, but
8 > it's untested".
9
10 I thought maybe people are interested to know how I just do it, and
11 figure out if they can do that themselves too. It helps us when someone
12 can tell "I did this, and it works after that", where "this" and "that"
13 are things we know (command, patch).
14
15 > > Sorry that it took so long for a dev to respond to your request but
16 > > this is precisely one of the reasons that I would prefer bug reports
17 > > on bugzilla rather than the ML. I forget to 'fix things' that are
18 > > presented on the ML and then they get buried and I won't be able to
19 > > easily tell what needs to happen.
20 >
21 > bugs can also get easily forgotten, and need pinging from time to time
22 > to get things moving.
23
24 Sorry, this is mainly the case for non-trivial bugs, and overflow
25 situations on the active devs for this project.
29 Fabian Groffen
30 Gentoo on a different level
31 --
32 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list