From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, sandbox@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Any interest in sandbox on (open)solaris?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:15:08
1 (sending again for mail archives)
2 On Tuesday 18 November 2008 14:48:58 C. Bergström wrote:
3 > If anyone is interested in sandbox working correctly on (open)solaris
4 > please give both feedback and any technical details which may help. I'm
5 > looking into how LD_PRELOAD works and any difference between
6 > linux/solaris. I tried to compile the alpha version, but didn't read
7 > the code at all.
8
9 ive never looked at opensolaris before, but from what i understand, they
10 follow standard ELF behavior. so LD_PRELOAD should work as should the symbol
11 interjection and libc.so lookup.
12
13 i'd be concerned with symbol versioning and making sure the configure scripts
14 are able to find & parse the libc.so correctly
15
16 at any rate, i cant think of any reason to *not* merge support for it, so the
17 more the merrier i guess.
18 -mike