From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Understanding bootstrapping
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:07:56
1 Hello guys,
2
3 Prefix is really magic stuff. Having exercised Prefix bootstrapping
4 for some days now in different environments, there are still some
5 questions.
6
7 a) For example, why do we setup "sed" 3 times?
8
9 First with "bootstrap-prefix.sh", then with "emerge --oneshot",
10 finally with emerge -e system.
11 Wouldn't 2 times be enough?
12 Having "sed" already installed in Linux, wouldn't 1 time be enough,
13 that in the final step?
14
15 b) How to handle the shebang complaints?
16
17 Trying bootstrapping on the Cygwin layer I again get this QA
18 complaints. Something like #!/bin/sh target missing.
19
20 QA is certainly fine, but should it break the bootstrap process?
21
22 What does this error mean? Did I make a mistake? Is EPREFIX missing in
23 the sources? What to to? Filing a bug?
24
25 Have I good start into the new week.
26
27 Al