From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] trouble bootstraping on aix-5.3
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:25:48
Hi Francois,

On 03/16/11 09:29, Francois Bissey wrote:
> I have been trying to bootstrap on aix-5.3 and I am running into > numerous problems. I am following the solaris instructions as I thought > it would be the closest. But obviously there may be more stuff needed.
The Solaris instructions aren't meant to work for AIX. Instead, there is prefix-launcher[1] to provide an uniform bootstrap method for (m)any platform(s). Right now I've released prefix-launcher-2.2.0 [2], containing support for AIX 6.1 as well as recent TL12 of AIX 5.3. Additionally, based on a FOSDEM idea, I've started providing binary images of prefix-launcher installed to /var/tmp/ for various platforms - currently aix5.3 and aix6.1 only. However, this is a first try and may not work for you. Anyway, the instructions to bootstrap with prefix-launcher from either its source or binary can be found in the MediaWiki of prefix-launcher[3]. [1] [2] [3]
> This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may > not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not > guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient, > please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message > and any attachments. > > Please refer to for more > information.
For (public) mailing lists, such disclaimers are nothing but spam, please stop adding it. HTH, /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level