From: Jeremy <jer.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] stable keywords for bootstrapping
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:24:14
1 Bacchella Fabrice wrote:
2 >
3 > Le 19 avr. 08 � 18:35, Jeremy a �crit :
4 >> keywords. Maybe we can follow gentoo-x86 automagically on that
5 >> one..but if we do, then the docs will get out of date again, because
6 >> the process
7 >
8 > PerhapsI don't understant what to mean. But something stable for
9 > gentoo-x86 might be unstable for mac os or solaris.
12 The gentoo-x86 tree is the main ebuild tree, not strictly related to the
13 x86 arch. As in, the prefix tree is a subset of the gentoo-x86 tree
14 (with specific changes). If we followed the tree then the prefix system
15 packages would become stable for the arches when they became stable in
16 the main tree. (ie. if a package was stable on x86 and not sparc in the
17 main tree, then it would remain like that in the prefix tree)
18
19 Makes more sense now? Feel free to check it out at:
20 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/
21
22 -Jeremy
23 --