From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Stable Keywords?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:36:55
1 On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 03:57:05PM -0600, matt hull wrote:
2 > i think we should use stable and testing in the current tree. no different
3 > from other hurds. after 30 days with no major bugs and tested mark the
4 > package as stable. as you said you dont have any time, so you could just
5 > leave it unstable till there is time
6
7 I could imagine that with our limited user crowd, the chances that not
8 after 30 days nobody actually installed the one or the other ebuild is
9 quite good.
10
11 If there would be a convenient voting solution, ppl could vote ebuilds
12 to be marked stable. If then later some ebuilds turn out unstable,
13 developers would know who's using them (for questions and betha
14 testing).
15
16 But I'm not aware of any particular voting solution that would be
17 convenient to everyone (including the admin).
18
19 Dirk.
20 --
21 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list