From: heroxbd@g.o
To: Paul Tobias <tobias.pal@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Gentoo prefix on android chown
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 07:13:23
1 Dear Paul,
2
3 Thank you very much for trying Gentoo on Android out. I guess this is of
4 general interest that worth a Cc to gentoo-alt mailing list.
5
6 Paul Tobias <tobias.pal@×××××.com> writes:
7
8 > I saw your post at https://plus.google.com/+Gentoo/posts/KYRFpoyA5wA
9 > and I've installed gentoo prefix on my phone too.
10
11 > I have a problem though, for example when emerging app-portage/eix I
12 > get this error: chown: invalid user: 'portage:portage' But in the
13 > usr/portage/app-portage/eix/eix-0.29.6.ebuild file there is this: use
14 > prefix || chown portage:portage "${EROOT}var/cache/${PN}" Why does the
15 > use prefix returns false here? I'm not familiar enough with gentoo
16 > prefix to figure this out :(
17
18 I'm not sure if the error is caused by that line.
19
20 To confirm, run
21
22 $ portageq envvar USE
23
24 to see if "prefix" is in the output.
25
26 > I've had similar problem in other packages too.
27
28 The problem lies in the userpriv feature, which changes from root to
29 portage when you emerge packags.
30
31 The solution is either disable userpriv feature, by having
32 FEATURES="-userpriv" in your make.conf, or by adding portage:portage to
33 your system, by editing /data/gentoo/etc/{passwd,group} or using the
34 useradd helper.
35
36 If you manage to fix it, feel free to document it at
37
38 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android/tarball
39
40 And I'll integrate it in the next tarball.
41
42 > Keep up the good work,
43 Thanks!
44