From: "Gibson
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix and X11 on a Mac?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:23:31
1 Michael,
2
3 The easiest way to fix the issue is to modify the startprefix script to keep the DISPLAY variable.
4
5 The changes will look something like this:
6 diff -wu startprefix.orig startprefix
7 --- startprefix.orig 2015-03-04 14:20:28.000000000 -0500
8 +++ startprefix 2015-03-04 14:20:39.000000000 -0500
9 @@ -39,7 +39,7 @@
10 # start the login shell, clean the entire environment but what's needed
11 # PROFILEREAD is necessary on SUSE not to wipe the env on shell start
12 [[ -n ${PROFILEREAD} ]] && DOPROFILEREAD="PROFILEREAD=${PROFILEREAD}"
13 -env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM USER=$USER SHELL=$SHELL $DOPROFILEREAD $SHELL -l
14 +env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM USER=$USER SHELL=$SHELL DISPLAY=$DISPLAY $DOPROFILEREAD $SHELL -l
15 # and leave a message when we exit... the shell might return non-zero
16 # without having real problems, so don't send alarming messages about
17 # that
20 John
21