From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:59:08
1 HI,
2
3 On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 13:29, Piergiorgio Beruto
4 <piergiorgio.beruto@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Oh, one last thing: one of the big issues is about host machines... it
6 > would be nice if the prefixed Gentoo could be portable across
7 > different development machines / users. Do you think it's possible to
8 > have a prefixed gentoo "relocatable"? I mean, I setup my prefixed
9 > system, then i "tar cvj" the entire system then untar for a different
10 > user / different machine, "change some config files / environment
11 > variables" and have my prefixed system work without bootstrapping
12 > again?
13
14 As long as you do not change the underlying OS, you should be fine(tm)
15
16 That means: I just did this moving from mac-osx laptop1 to mac-osx
17 laptop2 for a different user.
18 You need to modify the make.globals file (portage users...) and
19 usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/const_autotool.py
20
21 After that my prefix based system worked like a charm again, however
22 YMMV as usual.
23
24 Ramon