From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:59:08

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 13:29, Piergiorgio Beruto
<piergiorgio.beruto@×××××.com> wrote:
> Oh, one last thing: one of the big issues is about host machines... it > would be nice if the prefixed Gentoo could be portable across > different development machines / users. Do you think it's possible to > have a prefixed gentoo "relocatable"? I mean, I setup my prefixed > system, then i "tar cvj" the entire system then untar for a different > user / different machine, "change some config files / environment > variables" and have my prefixed system work without bootstrapping > again?
As long as you do not change the underlying OS, you should be fine(tm) That means: I just did this moving from mac-osx laptop1 to mac-osx laptop2 for a different user. You need to modify the make.globals file (portage users...) and usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/ After that my prefix based system worked like a charm again, however YMMV as usual. Ramon

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question) Piergiorgio Beruto <piergiorgio.beruto@×××××.com>