From: Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] emerge autoconf-2.61-r1 fails
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:21:42
1 I can't seem to get autoconf-2.61-r1 to emerge on AIX 5.3. It fails as follows:
2
3 config.status: executing tests/atconfig commands
4 Making all in bin
5 make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target ../bin/autom4te from dependencies.
6 Stop.
7 make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
10 Is this failure related to m4? Unfortunately I do _NOT_ have m4 installed yet, as I can't seem to get m4 installed on AIX until I first have the entire autoconf and automake chain installed. Anyone circumvent this problem?
11
12 Many thanks,
13 Marshall