From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [prefix][aix] get out of aix dll hell
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:05:10
1 On 04-04-2007 00:25:46 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > Ok, here are some patches to get out of that dll hell:
3 >
4 > [aixrtl-libtool.patch]:
5
6 applied
7
8 > [aixrtl-keepobjs.patch]:
9
10 applied
11
12 > [aixrtl-fakelinks.patch]:
13
14 already made a similar change some days ago. Immediately added IRIX
15 support there aswell.
16
17 > [aixrtl-use.patch]:
18 >
19 > Unless specifying '-brtl', the linker will not search any 'libXXX.so',
20 > so each of our now libtool-created sharedlibs will be ignored.
21 >
22 > OTOH, always specifiying '-brtl' did not make any problem for me yet.
23 >
24 > Additionally, we will have to add more runpath-logic to ld-wrapper in
25 > binutils.
26 > As a first start I do this specific aix-logic in native-cctools, having
27 > a shell-wrapper around ld instead of a symlink.
28
29 I don't quite get the script yet, but I'm not too bright at the moment.
30 I prefer to implement it into the wrapper instead, though.
31
32 Thanks!
36 Fabian Groffen
37 Gentoo on a different level