From: John Gibson <jgibson@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] OS X launchd DISPLAY environment variable
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 06:10:27
1 I recently upgraded to 10.5 and had to rebootstrap. After doing so,
2 X11 apps installed to my prefix yielded errors like this:
3 Can't connect to display `/tmp/launch-ICEBGq/:0': Invalid argument at...
4
5 See here for some more info:
6 http://lists.apple.com/archives/x11-users/2008/Nov/msg00089.html
7
8 With xhost tweaking I got stuff to work by doing this:
9 DISPLAY=localhost:0.0.
10
11 I looked into the libX11 configure script and found this:
12 --with-launchd Build with support for Apple's launchd
13 (default:
14 auto)
15
16 Apparently the auto detection didn't work. I forced the switch on
17 with a new USE flag (see the attached patch) and the launchd-specific
18 DISPLAY variable worked.
19
20 Is the USE flag the right approach? Can we default the switch to be
21 on for macos?
22
23 John

libX11-launchd.patch application/octet-stream