From: John Gibson <jgibson@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] OS X launchd DISPLAY environment variable
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 06:10:27
I recently upgraded to 10.5 and had to rebootstrap.  After doing so,
X11 apps installed to my prefix yielded errors like this:
Can't connect to display `/tmp/launch-ICEBGq/:0': Invalid argument at...

See here for some more info:

With xhost tweaking I got stuff to work by doing this:

I looked into the libX11 configure script and found this:
   --with-launchd          Build with support for Apple's launchd

Apparently the auto detection didn't work.  I forced the switch on
with a new USE flag (see the attached patch) and the launchd-specific
DISPLAY variable worked.

Is the USE flag the right approach?  Can we default the switch to be
on for macos?

File name MIME type
libX11-launchd.patch application/octet-stream