From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo with musl
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:20:36
1 Hi Valentin,
2
3 On 30-06-2011 12:04:13 +0200, Valentin Ochs wrote:
4 > I'm trying to create an installation of gentoo that uses [musl libc]
5 > instead of glibc. So far I have a working environment with a fresh
6 > portage install. Next I want to install some basic packages that're
7 > probably going to overwrite existing files. So I'd like to know the
8 > preferred way of changing packages for alt projects. gcc for example
9 > depends on glibc, but I won't install that, and ncurses needs a patch to
10 > become POSIX compliant.
11
12 I have no experience (apart from a bad one, long time ago) with
13 installing a libc in a Gentoo Prefix install. You are most probably
14 looking for something like Gentoo/FreeBSD, whith which I don't have much
15 experience either. Please see if you can find out how they did their
16 work. I'm sorry not to be able to help you more.
19 Regards,
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level