From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] non-executable
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:04:51
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 16:01 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 14-05-2009 15:09:24 +0200, Markus Duft wrote: > > Hey There! > > > > I'm having troubles with beeing non-executable recently... > > anybody else seeing this? i never noticed that before, and i'm sure i > > had that gettext version merged in all recent bootstraps. > > > > any ideas on who should make sure it _is_ executable? is it a bug in the > > gettext build system (yeah it is :)), and is it a bug in portage (i.e. > > should it make the .so executable?)? > > > > i checked the ebuild - seems like nothing too suspicous going on. > > Maybe this is something totally different, but doesn't the > eclass/portage somewhere *remove* the executable bit of shared > libraries?
hmm. have to look that up, but i guess what you mean is the handling of .la files?. however it is strange because it is the _only_ .so that is not executable. and of course non-executable shared libraries don't work. i'd like to avoid a chmod a+x :) Cheers, Markus

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] non-executable Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>