From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] profiles arch subs?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:48:49
1 Hi all,
2
3 While cleaning up the Darwin and Solaris profiles, I noticed that there
4 is some redundancy in masks (necessary) due to the structure based on
5 single inheritance:
6
8 e.g.
9 darwin/10.4/ppc
10 darwin/10.4/x86
11 darwin/10.5/ppc
12 darwin/10.5/x86
13
14 Most e.g. masks in the ppc dirs are specific for the CPU, and not really
15 bound to the OS release. So I propose the following structure:
16
17 <os>/<arch>
19
20 This way a single mask can e.g. apply to all PPC versions of Mac OS X.
21 Similar for Solaris' sparc, sparc64, x86 and x64.
22
23 Does this make sense, or am I missing something obvious? Better ideas?
24
25 (note that I (hopefully) kept full backwards compatability with this scheme)
29 Fabian Groffen
30 Gentoo on a different level