From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] profiles arch subs?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:48:49
Hi all,

While cleaning up the Darwin and Solaris profiles, I noticed that there
is some redundancy in masks (necessary) due to the structure based on
single inheritance:

Most e.g. masks in the ppc dirs are specific for the CPU, and not really
bound to the OS release.  So I propose the following structure:

This way a single mask can e.g. apply to all PPC versions of Mac OS X.
Similar for Solaris' sparc, sparc64, x86 and x64.

Does this make sense, or am I missing something obvious?  Better ideas?

(note that I (hopefully) kept full backwards compatability with this scheme)

Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] profiles arch subs? Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>