From: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Pinto <nicolas.pinto@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] sys-apps/net-tools-1.60_p20120127084908 build fail on prefix
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 06:08:33
1 On 03/22/12 11:40, Nicolas Pinto wrote:
2 > <shameless plug>
3 > BTW, if you feel like testing our gentoo-prefix-bootstrap scripts,
4 > don't hesitate ;-)
5 >
6 > git clone git://github.com/npinto/gentoo-prefix-bootstrap.git
7 > cd gentoo-prefix-bootstrap
8 > make
9 >
10 > More info at https://github.com/npinto/gentoo-prefix-bootstrap
11 >
12 > </shameless plug>
13
14 I also have some scripts that he could try. There are currently two
15 versions:
16
17 http://www.cs.stonybrook.edu/~ryao/prefix-install.sh
18 http://www.cs.stonybrook.edu/~ryao/prefix-install-latest.sh
19
20 The former uses the current snapshot while the the latter uses
21 latest_tree. There are some bugs in the prefix tree that keep them from
22 running to completion on all systems, although I know prefix-install.sh
23 will run to completion on Mac OS X 10.6 and both scripts should run to
24 completion on Linux. The latter is necessary for Mac OS X 10.7 and also
25 linux-ppc64.
26
27 Documentation is in some comments at the top of the scripts.