From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] gcc 4.2 library path
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:36:03
1 On 19-07-2007 20:18:42 -0600, Aaron Wilson wrote:
2 > Looking at the output of gcc -v:
3 >
4 >> $ gcc -v
5
6 [snip]
7
8 > It seems that the --libdir option was not specified. According to the
9 > configure documentation at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html this
10 > defaults to "exec-prefix/lib" which defaults to "prefix/lib". So how do we
11 > set the --libdir option so the libraries are compiled with the correct
12 > path? And what is moving the library files to the other directory?
13
14 Ok. Look at the gcc_do_configure() function in eclass/toolchain.eclass.
15 Please add the libdir thing there, I think LIBPATH is set to the right
16 thing (please check/look at the configure call output). I guess you
17 machine is way faster than mine, so please compile gcc like that and
18 check the resulting libraries.
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level
25 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list