From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [EXT] [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] the road ahead for Darwin/macOS
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 18:33:36
1 On 03-06-2020 18:04:37 +0000, John Gibson wrote:
2 > On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:45 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > To all interested in Gentoo Prefix on recent macOS.
5 > >
6 > > In the past few releases of macOS, /usr/include has disappeared. While
7 > > this previously was remedied by performing some commands, Apple has made
8 > > this more strict, and it appears the way forwards, is by no longer
9 > > relying on /usr/include.
10 >
11 > Hi Fabian,
12 >
13 > Any luck here? I'd like to install on my new Mac laptop.
14
15 Not really. Current problem being that the latest binutils-apple we
16 have is unable to interpret the objects from the system compiler. I
17 need to upgrade that first.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Fabian