From: Svoop <svoop@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Getting Ruby 1.9.x over to Gentoo Prefix
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:19:14
1 Hi
2
3 After returning from my long journey, I was happy to see that the Ruby
4 overlay I've setup a while ago has picked up quite some momentum thanks to a
5 handful of very active people - big thanks!
6
7 I'd like to contribute my bit, too, by getting Ruby 1.9.x to work on Gentoo
8 Prefix boxes like my Macbook. However, I'm not quite sure whether you can
9 use ecopy to do (most of) the necessary changes for Prefix if the source
10 ebuild is not in the main tree but in an overlay.
11
12 My guess is to use layman to subscribe to the Ruby overlay and check out the
13 sources, then ecopy to create the prefixed ebuild from the latest 1.9
14 ebuild. Yet before I screw up my install, maybe someone has done that before
15 and can give me a hint or two.
16
17 Thanks! -sven
20 Sent from the gentoo-alt mailing list archive at Nabble.com.