From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [RFC draft] Gentoo Prefix updates on Linux
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 12:15:41
1 On 05-01-2018 13:01:44 +0100, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
2 > On 20/12/17 10:24, Benda Xu wrote:
3 > > We have merged RAP back to Prefix and it becomes the default for Prefix
4 > > on Linux-based systems. I have drafted an announcement to
5 > > gentoo-dev-announce. Please comment on the text.
6 >
7 > What does this mean for existing non-RAP prefixes?
8
9 I think nothing, it only affects bootstrapping a new one.
10
11 > Do newly emerged packages use then a prefixed glibc?
12
13 I believe this should not be the case, unless you switch profiles (but I
14 doubt that will play nice without re-bootstrapping).
15
16 > If not, how can I convert an existing prefix to use RAP?
17
18 Conversion is not likely to ever going to happen, so should you want
19 RAP, then you should re-bootstrap. Existing Prefix installs are
20 unaffected and remain as-is.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Fabian