From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Cygwin: emerge -u system issues
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:05:34
1 Hello,
2
3 while bootstrapping PREFIX on Cygwin I now entered the step "emerge -u
4 system". I plan to post questions related to this in one thread.
5
6 This question is about reemerging ncurses and I hope to find some
7 experience from side of the INTERIX team.
8
9 While installing ncurses there is a step that burns down to this failure:
10
11 <------------------->
12 (cd /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image//home/prefix/gentoo/usr/bin
13 && ln -s tic.exe infotocap.exe)
14
15 2 [main] bash 2044 child_copy: linked dll data write copy
16 failed, 0x6CA88000..0x6CA9493C, done 0, windows pid 2044, Win32 error
17 487
18 /home/prefix/gentoo/bin/bash: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
19 <------------------->
20
21 I nearly understand what is happening, but I still haven't a workaround.
22
23 What is happening?
24
25 During installaton of the newly compiled ncurses "cd" changes into the
26 image directory. There are three files:
27
28 cygncurses5.dll
29 tic.exe
30 toe.exe
31
32 "Bash" depends on cygncurses5.dll. In the moment "ln" is called (part
33 of bash), "bash" forks. It notices that there is the new
34 cygncurses5.dll in the PATH now, because the current directory is
35 always in PATH. It findes out, that this one has a different address.
36
37 Certainly this is not a perfect description of what is going on. What
38 does it examine the new cygncurses5.dll? Why doesn't it simply use
39 that one, that is already memory. Maybe my explanation is completely
40 wrong.
41
42 I tried to emerge from ash to avoid bash, but that doesn't help. I
43 think bash is always drawn in by "ln".
44
45 Have you been faced with a similar issue on INTERIX? What did you do
46 as workaround?
47
48 Thanks
49