From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: simple question about installing chromium browser for use in debian OS using gentoo prefix..
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 07:20:38
1 On 27-06-2019 22:15:38 +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
2 > Dear All,
3 >
4 > I put the line
5 >
6 > x11-base/xorg-server -suid
7 >
8 > into the package.use file.
9 >
10 > I did the source update
11
12 FYI, you don't have to source things after editing files in
13 $EPREFIX/etc/portage/
14
15 > I then ran emerge xorg-server again.
16 >
17 > It ran OK until it decided it needed to emerge sys-fs/udev-init-scripts
18 >
19 > as a result of the -suid change:
20
21 >  * QA Notice: the following files are outside of the prefix:
22 >  * /etc
23 >  * /etc/conf.d
24 >  * /etc/conf.d/udev-settle
25 >  * /etc/conf.d/udev
26 >  * /etc/conf.d/udev-trigger
27 >  * /etc/init.d
28 >  * /etc/init.d/udev-settle
29 >  * /etc/init.d/udev
30 >  * /etc/init.d/udev-trigger
31 >  * ERROR: sys-fs/udev-init-scripts-33::gentoo failed:
32 >  *   Aborting due to QA concerns: there are files installed outside the prefix
33 >  *
34 >  * Call stack:
35 >
36 > Do you have a fix for this?
37
38 This is a similar problem as before.
39
40 The fix is less obvious though. Since this package is not going to be
41 working/useful in Prefix as is, I think it's better to avoid having this
42 one installed.
43
44 Do you know how to figure out which package needs
45 sys-fs/udev-init-scripts?
46
47 Fabian
48