From: Elias Pipping <pipping@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix: Python fails to bootstrap on OS X 10.5 Leopard
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:15:34
1 On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 11:57:08PM +0100, Daniel Herrmann wrote:
2 > I recently switched to Leopard, but unfortunately, I cannot bootstrap.
3 > The error while bootstrapping python is:
4 >
5 > /Modules/posixmodule.c: In function 'posix_setpgrp':
6 > ./Modules/posixmodule.c:3145: error: too few arguments to function 'setpgrp'
7 > make: *** [Modules/posixmodule.o] Error 1
8 > --
9 > gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list
10
11 Although I advise against bootstrapping on leopard for now, because
12 quite a few essential packages don't work (e.g. odcctools), this issue
13 in particular can be avoided. bootstrapping python is not necessary,
14 because on leopard /usr/bin/python is a working 2.5.1, which is about as
15 recent as it gets. so while you might want to emerge python via 'emerge'
16 at some point -- which works, too, contrary to building it via the
17 bootstrapping script -- you do not need it to get a working portage.
18 just skip that step.
21 -- Elias
22
23 PS: For everybody interested in helping: this is the status:
24 * odcctools don't work (and therefore gcc's ebuild doesn't work, haven't
25 looked into this). i'm using /usr/bin/ld and /usr/bin/gcc as a
26 workaround but that's far from optimal. as a result, LDFLAGS and
27 CPPFLAGS need to be set in the make.conf. (to the usual -L / -I )
28 * gnupg 2 doesn't work. use gnupg 1 instead.
29 * darwin-miscutils don't work (no big deal, we have those non-prefixed,
30 more recent even)
31 * ghc doesn't work (damn!)
32 * apr doesn't work (and therefore subversion... no big deal, though: we
33 have /usr/bin/svn on leopard)