From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Breaking news: Need to start over on AIX
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:25:38
On 02/10/2011 10:11 PM, Perry Smith wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote: >> >> Right now I've checked in the changes to use the new shared library >> model called "aix-soname" I've proposed recently along bug#213277 [1]. > > Can you tell us which version you picked? At one point you had about > five ideas you were weighing.
Ohw sorry, sure: The one I've posted at libtool mailing list[1][2] as well as in the IBM AIX Developers forum[3], and recently to the binutils mailing list[4]. While the big agreement on that variant is still not there - maybe because of less interest (there's not much response anywhere), I've implemented that in Prefix now for both prove-of-concept as well as to identify possible problems. How I prefer doing "shared libraries" with "soname" on AIX now is: *) Create the shared object "shr.o" (using '-G' linker flag). *) Set the LOADONLY flag for "shr.o" (using 'strip -e'). *) Create the Import File "shr.imp", containing - this header line, being the "soname" emulation: #! - another header line telling the bits used: # 32 or # 64 - the list of symbols exported. *) Create the archive library "" from both "shr.imp" and "shr.o". *) Create the symlinks as usual: -> -> *) Create the static library archive "libNAME.a" from static objects. [1] [2] [3] [4] /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] Breaking news: Need to start over on AIX Perry Smith <pedzsan@×××××.com>