From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Logging
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:04:52
1 On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 12:48 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 31-01-2011 10:50:59 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
3 > > On FreeMiNT there is an issue with the logfile that I've never traced
4 > > and always had to disable it, with a bit of hackery. But revisiting has
5 > > shown me in SpawnProcess.py there is a function called _can_log which
6 > > always returns TRUE.
7 > >
8 > > What's the best way to make this return FALSE on FreeMiNT, until I can
9 > > trace the root cause ?
10 >
11 > Do you have a backtrace or something? Maybe we can easily fix it,
12 > instead of working around it. The code seems to use some gzip
13 > "encoder", perhaps its missing on your end (though unlikely if you ask
14 > me)
15
16 I don't get a backtrace, just this.....
17
18 * The ebuild phase 'compile' has exited unexpectedly. This type of
19 * behavior is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable
20 * assignments (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313).
21 * Normally, before exiting, bash should have displayed an error message
22 * above. If bash did not produce an error message above, it's possible
23 * that the ebuild has called `exit` when it should have called `die`
24 * instead. This behavior may also be triggered by a corrupt bash binary
25 or
26 * a hardware problem such as memory or cpu malfunction. If the problem
27 is
28 * not reproducible or it appears to occur randomly, then it is likely
30 * be triggered by a hardware problem. If you suspect a hardware problem
31 * then you should try some basic hardware diagnostics such as memtest.
32 * Please do not report this as a bug unless it is consistently
33 * reproducible and you are sure that your bash binary and hardware are
34 * functioning properly.
35
36 Alan.