From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Logging
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:04:52
On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 12:48 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 31-01-2011 10:50:59 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote: > > On FreeMiNT there is an issue with the logfile that I've never traced > > and always had to disable it, with a bit of hackery. But revisiting has > > shown me in there is a function called _can_log which > > always returns TRUE. > > > > What's the best way to make this return FALSE on FreeMiNT, until I can > > trace the root cause ? > > Do you have a backtrace or something? Maybe we can easily fix it, > instead of working around it. The code seems to use some gzip > "encoder", perhaps its missing on your end (though unlikely if you ask > me)
I don't get a backtrace, just this..... * The ebuild phase 'compile' has exited unexpectedly. This type of * behavior is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable * assignments (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313). * Normally, before exiting, bash should have displayed an error message * above. If bash did not produce an error message above, it's possible * that the ebuild has called `exit` when it should have called `die` * instead. This behavior may also be triggered by a corrupt bash binary or * a hardware problem such as memory or cpu malfunction. If the problem is * not reproducible or it appears to occur randomly, then it is likely to * be triggered by a hardware problem. If you suspect a hardware problem * then you should try some basic hardware diagnostics such as memtest. * Please do not report this as a bug unless it is consistently * reproducible and you are sure that your bash binary and hardware are * functioning properly. Alan.