From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: [PREFIX] removal of interrevisions
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 13:43:08
1 On 27-11-2017 14:31:29 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > Hi Fabian,
3 >
4 > On 11/27/2017 11:07 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
5 > > Hi all,
6 > >
7 > > I've just finished removing all few remaining interrevisions (-r0.XY)
8 > > ebuilds from the prefix tree.
9 > >
10 > > In the next Portage release, interrevision support will be removed.
11 >
12 > Please don't!
13
14 Ok!
15
16 > > I believe we no longer need to modify ebuilds so often, and keeping this
17 > > feature is now a deviation from mainline which we better avoid.
18 >
19 > Although I've not managed yet to submit as GLEP or so, having interrevisions
20 > is quite important to me - and for a meta distribution in general I believe.
21
22 [snipping reasons as to why interrevisions are useful]
23
24 Would it be acceptable to "ban" the interrevisions from the prefix-tree,
25 but keep support in Prefix Portage?
26
27 Thanks,
28 Fabian