From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problem installing gentoo prefix on debian buster
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 18:50:41
1 On 05-06-2019 18:16:31 +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
2 > Dear Folks,
3 >
4 > Is this warning a big concern?
5
6 yes, you effectively disable your Prefix with this path
7
8 > WARNING: your shell initialisation (.cshrc, .bashrc, .profile)
9 > * seems to prepend to your PATH, this might kill your
10 > * Prefix:
11 > * /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:
12 > * You better fix this, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
13 >
14 > I ran the etc-update on the hosts file.
15 >
16 > The system is up to date. No packages needed to be removed by emerge
17 > --depclean.
18 >
19 > startprefix runs OK.
20 >
21 > Can I compile a new kernel for the parent debian install in gentoo
22 > prefix and use debian to do the make deb-pkg or make bindeb-pkg or
23 > fakeroot commands if they don't work in gentoo prefix?
24
25 I think this is pretty much challenging. IIRC you mentioned something
26 before, but out of curiosity why would you want a Gentoo kernel for your
27 Debian system?
28
29 Fabian
32 Fabian Groffen