From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] ppc-macos = ppc && x86-macos ?
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:06:05
1 On 09-11-2010 12:02:42 +0300, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
2 > > actually none are keyworded ppc64-macos.
3 > >
4 > > It is not safe to assume that what compiles on ppc(-linux) also compiles
5 > > on ppc-macos.  While it is likely that *-macos all or none compile, it
6 > > is also best to first verify that, before assuming it is.
7 >
8 > Hmm, I hoped that most of *-macos should at least compile :)
9 > (I didn't explore very many packages, but most of ~ppc-macos do compile)
10
11 If the keyword ~ppc-macos is there, the package should compile on that
12 platform, that's the idea. Due to it being by primary development
13 platform, this arch has traditionally always been the best represented
14 one:
15 http://stats.prefix.freens.org/keywords-packages.png
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level