From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] packages that run as root
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 06:36:10
1 On 03-06-2010 20:28:27 +0000, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Current situation is to mask packages that run as root. I'm seriously
4 > considering to lift this restriction because:
5 >
6 > 1) We aren't very good at keeping this list up2date.
7 > 2) It poses artificial restrictions for some users and doens't harm the
8 > other users.
9 > 3) Why bother to mask them?
10 >
11 > Anyone disagree?
12
13 No. Ideally we should also try to get rid of "prefix == unprivileged"
14 assumption (although it will remain reality for the majority of
15 use-cases).
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level