From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gawk failing prefix-launcher-1.2 on AIX
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:52:45
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Greg <trigggl@×××××.com> wrote:
>> Have you looked at this: >> >> >> Looks related to your error. >> > > It does look like this is what I need. Starting over. Will keep you > posted.
Bingo. I bugged haubi enough that 'we' figured it out (mainly him) and he put it on the sf site ;-)
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file > /usr/local/src/prefix-launcher-1.2/buildroot/tar/tar-1.15.1/configure.rej
Don't get overly concerned about this. Do get concerned if a package doesn't compile. ;-) I'm not sure if it is by design or what but I have seen these errors as well and everything works in the end. Remember that prefix-launcher is just a kickstart to bootstrap the basic utils with patches that are needed for the 'weird' OS's (like AIX). prefix-launcher is akin to the bootstrap guide all rolled up into a script. It would be difficult to use the bootstrap guide produced by grobian on AIX because apps on AIX need many patches to get working which would involve alot of manual work. Not fun. HTH, Jeremy -- gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] gawk failing prefix-launcher-1.2 on AIX Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>