From: heroxbd@g.o
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] clang on Mac OS X (Was: Question before setting up sage-on-gentoo)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:04:48
1 Hi,
2
3 There are efforts on-going to make modern toolchain on gentoo-prefix @
4 darwin.
5
6 I am sure guys from gentoo-alt (in the Cc) will show you the most recent
7 progress.
8
9 Benda
10
11 JC D <mail2jcdx@×××××.de> writes:
12
13 > here are the first results. It did not work so far because I found my
14 > gcc-4.7.3 on gentoo_prefix (Mac OS 10.10) is broken. emerge gcc works
15 > and installs but if I try to compile a simple hello.cpp I get a
16 > segmentation fault 11. I am using the new binutils-apple-6.1. So far
17 > it seems that I can not get a newer gcc and thus also no llvm or any
18 > other package that asks for a more recent gcc. Right now I get a
19 > working basic system but almost all "higher" application fail to build
20 > one or the other way.
21 >
22 > Now I try to get llvm/clang working. For the compilation I am going to
23 > use the native llvm-gcc and llvm-g++ from Mac.
24 > I set up a package.env for llvm with:
25 > sys-devel/llvm llvm.conf
26 >
27 > llvm.conf contains:
28 > CC=/usr/bin/llvm-gcc
29 > CXX=/usr/bin/llvm-g++
30 >
31 > The compilation works but there is an error when writing the llvm
32 > files to the right path. Here are emerge --info
33 > show at bpaste
38 > image
39 >
40 > show at bpaste
41 > Portage 2.2.14-prefix (python
42 > 3.3.3-final-0,
43 > prefix/darwin/macos/10.10/x64,
44 > gcc-4.2.1, unavailable, 14.1.0
45 > x86_64)
47 > ..
51 > Auf bpaste.net anzeigen Vorschau nach Yahoo
57 > image
58 > and the log file https://bpaste.net/show/62a0d5b0d4f4
59 >
60 > I will experiment further ...