From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] about EAPI="prefix"
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:24:56
1 Just a heads up to all wondering.
2
3 Two days ago, I was merging Portage updates and found I had conflicts in
4 the special EAPI=prefix handling within Portage. Because solving it
5 seemed like a high investment for something which was about to be
6 removed anyway, I decided to remove EAPI="prefix" from the entire tree.
7 As a result, the tree is now EAPI="prefix"-free, mainly because I feel I
8 have to push out an update to Portage soon, which will no longer support
9 EAPI="prefix" ebuilds.
10
11 Side effect of this probably too impulsive action is that the metadata
12 generation broke, which is being regenerated as we speak, and that
13 people who did /not/ upgrade portage will find themselves a bit
14 isolated. For those, please update to portage-2.2.00.13286 (exactly
15 that version), which is the last hybrid Portage in the tree using
16 % emerge --nodeps --oneshot =sys-apps/portage-2.2.00.13286
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level