From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 00:42:41
1 On 08/05/2011 05:13 PM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Dear Zac,
3 >
4 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 >> This is totally unnecessary, since you can use
7 >> $EPREFIX/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords for these.
8 >
9 > Ah-ha, from GLEP22[1], e.g. ~amd64 is a default to ~amd64-linux. Why
10 > don't we just treat these reasonable defauls as equal in the portage?
11
12 You can configure that yourself by setting ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64
13 amd64" in make.conf.
14
15 However, it's not generally recommended since when ~amd64-linux is
16 missing from KEYWORDS it means that it may not have been tested in a
17 amd64-linux prefix environment. Sometimes it will work, but it's also
18 common for such ebuilds to try and install files outside of $EPREFIX
19 which will cause them to abort before they are installed.
20
21 Also, if you use package.accept_keywords along with --autounmask-write,
22 then you'll have a list of packages that is convenient if you plan to
23 submit keyword requests.
24
25 > I see bugs (and submit myself) in bugzilla to add keywords as
26 > ~amd64-linux when there is already ~amd64. Wondering the motivation of
27 > doing it explicitly.
28
29 In order to indicate that it has been tested in a prefix environment,
30 versus a non-prefix environment.
31 --
32 Thanks,
33 Zac