From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 00:42:41
On 08/05/2011 05:13 PM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
> Dear Zac, > > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> writes: > >> This is totally unnecessary, since you can use >> $EPREFIX/etc/portage/package.accept_keywords for these. > > Ah-ha, from GLEP22[1], e.g. ~amd64 is a default to ~amd64-linux. Why > don't we just treat these reasonable defauls as equal in the portage?
You can configure that yourself by setting ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64 amd64" in make.conf. However, it's not generally recommended since when ~amd64-linux is missing from KEYWORDS it means that it may not have been tested in a amd64-linux prefix environment. Sometimes it will work, but it's also common for such ebuilds to try and install files outside of $EPREFIX which will cause them to abort before they are installed. Also, if you use package.accept_keywords along with --autounmask-write, then you'll have a list of packages that is convenient if you plan to submit keyword requests.
> I see bugs (and submit myself) in bugzilla to add keywords as > ~amd64-linux when there is already ~amd64. Wondering the motivation of > doing it explicitly.
In order to indicate that it has been tested in a prefix environment, versus a non-prefix environment. -- Thanks, Zac